Thursday 21 February 2013

Frankenpolish?!


Hello everyone!!

Okay so some of you may not know this, but I'm a messy confused disorganized hippy! Most nail art girls I follow have lovely shelves or nail polish racks with all their polishes and nail art tools arranged by colour or brand and it's soooo nice... I'm the complete opposite. I have a shelf rack full of random stuff, a suitcase full of more stuff and several other bags and boxes of random shit under my bed or shoved away somewhere impractical.

I don't like to see things go to waste so when I have an almost empty bottle of polish that I can't use I don't throw it away. That would be stupidly dumb.
I get stir-crazy a lot and I have to be creative to keep myself insane in the membrane. But sometimes I just can't be arsed to paint a super-mental complex nail art design. Know what I mean? So I went crazy with a few half empty bottles and made a couple of new unique colours, as you can see here....




Here's another design I made by layering the purple franken I used in the video over one of my favourite matt glitters: Accessorize, Leopard Moth. It looked so cool on my newly cut "short nails" and I thought that just a simple accent nail would suffice.



I'm an extremely eccentric person and I usually like to have something insanely mental and weird, or controversial and rainbowy on my nails. But I know that a lot of people who love nail art still like to be classy and not draw too much attention to themselves. Those people do cross my mind a lot which is why I've started doing a few simple and easy manicures. Like I said, variety is the spice of life!

I will ALWAYS be an insanely mental rainbowcat and I have wayyyy too many crazy colourful ideas I still haven't shared yet so don't panic, I haven't suddenly turned into a nun!
But let me know what you think. If you guys like these occasional sweet and simple nails then let me know and I'll continue to share them :)

Thanks for reading
xxMENTAL!xx

11 comments:

  1. You are totally unique and I love your stuff. As I am typing I am drawn to a very colorful bubbly mani in your videos here...

    Bright and Shinnnney.

    Anyways, I really like the pale glittery one in your video. And I am totally going to start combining polishes that are mostly used now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desde luego que bonito es todo lo que haces.
    Te sigo, nos seguimos GFC? http://anyolcocina.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. Una manicura preciosa.
    Soy yo otra vez, pero con mi blog de manicuras.
    Te sigo, gracias por seguirme. Te espero en http://anyolcocina.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your stuff--simplest to the craziest! Share as much as you can!
    --ammali from YT ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, mental rainbow unicorn! I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award! I love you blog and YouTube so I had to let others know about your awesomeness! You can nominate others if you would like. Thank you very much!!
    --Karen

    http://klovesnailpolish.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, This is Daisy from Born Pretty Store , I had visited your video https://www.youtube.com/user/professionalDQ?feature=watch and blog here , and they are really awesome! We are a Nail Art retailer specialized in all kinds of latest nail art items and cosmetics. We would like to send you some free products to test : ) Are you interested in reviewing them for us?If you are interested in reviewing our products, please feel free to contact me. bornprettyblog(at)gmail(dot)com : )Look forward to your reply. Thank you & best regards Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  7. hola linda!!! ya te seguĂ­a en tu canal y en tu pagina y soy nueva en tu blog mi vista es para hacerte saber qque hice un post donde menciono tu canal y quisiera que pasaras a verlo ;)
    http://nathyavefenixnailart.blogspot.com/2013/05/mis-canales-favoritos.html
    cute hello! already following you on your channel and your website and I am new to your blog my view is to let you know qque did a post where I mention your channel and would like you to pass to him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are adorable <3 Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed some useful tips from this post. Thanks for sharing Online makeup products Shopping.

    cheap nail polish & buy lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read your blog and I noticed some useful tips from this post.Thanks for sharing for cosmetics roducts.

    oil free liquid foundation & best kabuki brush

    ReplyDelete
  11. the videos i want to see are blocked in usa.why?

    ReplyDelete